Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:10 am
Jack has a moment of whiplash, going from the high adrenaline mad dash through town to seeing someone so beautiful it takes him a moment to remember why he's even there. With a harder shake of his head than last time he manages to get talking, "Howdy ma'am, I'm Jack, we're here for some medical supplies. The deputy here," as he claps a hand on Reggie's shoulder, "has the list we need for the doc back home, plus we need a few first aid kits and either some nutritious food that'll keep or a pointer to where we could obtain some if you'd be so kind."
oO(She is a beautiful one, dangerously so I reckon. but hopefully she's a nice sort)Oo While thinking about the lady, Jack takes a moment to glance around at the guys and see what their reactions are to her.
Reggie pinches the bridge of his nose in a vain attempt to suppress the headache he's been developing from dealing with Hughe. Standing there, holding his gear and weapons, oO(no way is he gonna just leave them in the four-wheelers)Oo he ,like the others, is momentarily stunned by the Pharmacist's beauty. oO(I don't remember seeing her before.)Oo
As Jack is finishing with introductions, Reggie recovers his wits and nods. "That's right, Ma'am. Here's Doc Anderson's list," he says as he hands it over.
She smiles, a dazzling, effortless thing that could probably cure half the ailments in town on its own, taking an extra, deliberate moment to lock eyes with Reggie. She takes the paper and turns to examine the list just as Hughe, being aggressively himself, puffing out his chest and strutting into her line of sight.
"And I'm Hughe," he smirks, raising one eyebrow in what he clearly thinks is a suave, smoldering expression, but comes off looking like a man suffering a mild facial twitch. "But you can call me... Hughe!"
"You did it all wrong!" Ryan cuts in instantly, elbowing Hughe out of the way. "It's like this!"
Ryan strikes the exact same absurd, puffed-chest pose, eyebrows bouncing like manic caterpillars. "I'm Ryan. That's right... Ryan." He winks with subtle grace of a flashbang. "I know what you're thinking."
The gorgeous pharmacist pauses her work, turning her full attention toward them, a small, amused dimple forming on her cheek.
Ryan alternates his eyebrows, flashing a ridiculous, bedroom-eyes smirk. "You're thinking Hughe is a girl's name. Pardon the pun..." He nods knowingly, leaning over the glass counter. "If you know what I mean..."
She just blinks at him, her dark, striking eyes expressing a blend of profound pity and absolute bewilderment, as if watching a golden retriever try to explain algebra.
Hughe shoves Ryan hard in the shoulder. "What the hell was that?!"
"Hey! Don't shove! I was 'helping'!"
"Excuse me, boys?" Her smooth, sultry voice cuts through the squabble like a velvet whip. They both instantly freeze, snapping to attention with big, dopey grins, delighted that a woman this attractive is actually speaking to them. "Would you two mind waiting outside while I help these gentlemen?"
Before they can protest, her eyes drift down, lingering for a distinctly appreciative second on the flex of Jack's biceps as he leans against the counter.
"Sure thing, ma'am!" Hughe and Ryan exit... which will likely end up with Hughe beating him up.
As she turns to punch the order into the pharmacy computer, one of the older, stark-looking lab techs begins casting anxious glances at the screen. He scurries over, whispering in hushed, panicked tones, "Is there a war going on out there? Those are heavy-duty, wartime meds!"
oO(She is a beautiful one, dangerously so I reckon. but hopefully she's a nice sort)Oo While thinking about the lady, Jack takes a moment to glance around at the guys and see what their reactions are to her.
Reggie pinches the bridge of his nose in a vain attempt to suppress the headache he's been developing from dealing with Hughe. Standing there, holding his gear and weapons, oO(no way is he gonna just leave them in the four-wheelers)Oo he ,like the others, is momentarily stunned by the Pharmacist's beauty. oO(I don't remember seeing her before.)Oo
As Jack is finishing with introductions, Reggie recovers his wits and nods. "That's right, Ma'am. Here's Doc Anderson's list," he says as he hands it over.
She smiles, a dazzling, effortless thing that could probably cure half the ailments in town on its own, taking an extra, deliberate moment to lock eyes with Reggie. She takes the paper and turns to examine the list just as Hughe, being aggressively himself, puffing out his chest and strutting into her line of sight.
"And I'm Hughe," he smirks, raising one eyebrow in what he clearly thinks is a suave, smoldering expression, but comes off looking like a man suffering a mild facial twitch. "But you can call me... Hughe!"
"You did it all wrong!" Ryan cuts in instantly, elbowing Hughe out of the way. "It's like this!"
Ryan strikes the exact same absurd, puffed-chest pose, eyebrows bouncing like manic caterpillars. "I'm Ryan. That's right... Ryan." He winks with subtle grace of a flashbang. "I know what you're thinking."
The gorgeous pharmacist pauses her work, turning her full attention toward them, a small, amused dimple forming on her cheek.
Ryan alternates his eyebrows, flashing a ridiculous, bedroom-eyes smirk. "You're thinking Hughe is a girl's name. Pardon the pun..." He nods knowingly, leaning over the glass counter. "If you know what I mean..."
She just blinks at him, her dark, striking eyes expressing a blend of profound pity and absolute bewilderment, as if watching a golden retriever try to explain algebra.
Hughe shoves Ryan hard in the shoulder. "What the hell was that?!"
"Hey! Don't shove! I was 'helping'!"
"Excuse me, boys?" Her smooth, sultry voice cuts through the squabble like a velvet whip. They both instantly freeze, snapping to attention with big, dopey grins, delighted that a woman this attractive is actually speaking to them. "Would you two mind waiting outside while I help these gentlemen?"
Before they can protest, her eyes drift down, lingering for a distinctly appreciative second on the flex of Jack's biceps as he leans against the counter.
"Sure thing, ma'am!" Hughe and Ryan exit... which will likely end up with Hughe beating him up.
As she turns to punch the order into the pharmacy computer, one of the older, stark-looking lab techs begins casting anxious glances at the screen. He scurries over, whispering in hushed, panicked tones, "Is there a war going on out there? Those are heavy-duty, wartime meds!"